Welcome back to our family page. It is Monday, and school is back in session. The girls and I had a pretty good break. We found lots of fun things to do during the week, and had the opportunity to play with friends we haven't seen for a long time. It was all good. Now we will start counting the days until the next school break, and our trip to Germany to visit with our friends at Daily Dwelling.
We had a pretty good food week last week, too. The Spud Special Soup was very good. We had a dinner guest (that will be common for the next couple of months as there are several Americans visiting our area right from now until September). Everyone at the table seemed to really enjoy the soup. Thanks to Keeper of the Home for the recipe. I used some of the leftover ham from last week's Crockpot Maple ham in the soup. YUM! We also tried the dilled pot roast but it was not a hit. Oh well. Lastly, we tried the Lemon chicken. It was the best! We had another friend over for dinner, and between the 5 of us, I had wings left from a whole chicken. I would definitely tell folks to try this one. We will certainly have it again.
This week will be a clean-out week. Daddy left this morning for Japan, so we will work on eating everything up so we can start fresh when he gets home.
Monday - leftover pork roast
Tuesday - "Creamy Chicken" This is a recipe I was given by a friend here, although I don't cook it quite the way she does. It is pretty easy. Sprinkle a little Lowry's on the chicken. Put chicken in a dish and cover with cream. Cook it for about 25 minutes at 350 (my friend sears hers in a pan on the stove then puts it in the oven). Add Parmesan cheese, cook 5-20 minutes and serve. My family loves it.
Wednesday - Duck with sesame seeds (recipe below)
Thursday - Peking Pork Chops I will have to adapt this a little because I could not find thick pork chops today.
Friday - Leftover soup for me and nuggets for the kids
Saturday - Leftover chicken
Sunday - Quiche and salad
Duck (or Chicken) with Sesame Seeds
600 grams duck breast strips (tenders)
4 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
4 Tbsp Lime Juice
3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
Salt, Pepper
Mix the honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and a little salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in skillet, and cook the duck or chicken tenders, about 5 minutes, turning regularly.
Add sauce and bring to a boil.
Place tenders on a plate and add sesame seeds.
Serve immediately.
Note - these are also pretty good added to a chef salad.
Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday
4 comments:
Hi! THanks for the comment on my MPM! I am trying to get some menus together as well so that I can just rotate them. This gets old trying to figure out each week what we're eating!! LOL! Hopefully one day!
Ashleigh
Yumm, duck... now I want duck. Thanks for stopping by menu (such that it is) - Since my girl doesn't eat much besides pizza and eggs these days, when Hubby goes I eat what I want and sometimes, that means sausage and baked potato but this week, I'm trying to be healthy.
Hope the daddy in your house has a safe trip.
The duck sounds delicious! Thanks for the interesting idea.
Hi Stephanie. We had the balsamic chicken tonight and my husband could tell right away. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe. I see you've posted some more lovely recipes.
You asked about the turkey. I'm just going to throw it in the crockpot with some homemade gravy I have. Here's a similar recipe except I'm not using the cream of mushroom => http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotturkeyrecipes/r/bl65c13.htm
There are more recipes below that one for using turkey tenders.
Post a Comment