Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Girls' Day Out

Yesterday was one of those really good days. It wasn't sunny or particularly warm, but we had fun anyway. We had a list of errands to run, but it turned out to be SO much more fun than I expected. Out first stop was to the coiffeuse (hair stylist) to make appointments for all of the "ladies" of the house to have our hair cut. We are all looking a little shaggy. The girls have become quite grown up these days and will not let Mommy cut their hair. They honestly enjoy going to the hair stylist and having her make a big deal of cutting their hair. It is pretty cute.

Our next stop was to the pressing (dry cleaners) to drop off Daddy's suit. Evidently he needs a clean suit to take to Japan for 2 weeks. This was our first stop at a French dry cleaner, and I was a little worried because i didn't take the time to look up "dry cleaning vocabulary." The lady was very nice, and very patient considering the fact that the girls kept distracting me and she had to ask several questions at least twice before I understood her. I guess you could say it went smoothly. And wouldn't you know that there is a garden store in the same parking lot as the dry cleaners! Oh, darn. We just had to stop in and look around. Daddy wants to start some of our veggies from seed this year, so we picked out some seed packets, trays, and biodegradable pots to get him going. I also found a rosemary plant (I managed to kill the one I bought last year), and Miss S found a purple chrysanthemum plant. We spent a while walking around the store window shopping. Miss S REALLY wanted a set of wind chimes with a stained-glass frog on them. She almost talked me into buying them because they were so cute. I think we could have filled two or three more carts!

We ended our morning out with lunch at "Old McDonald's," also located in the same parking lot (can you say one stop shopping). Daddy asked the girls what they had for lunch, and Miss S replied, "Chicken and french fries, Daddy!" in a tone of voice that implied that she thinks that is the only food worth getting at McDo's.

2 comments:

RHB said...

love that one stop shopping!

kim said...

What a successful trip! One stop shopping and McD's, can't beat that.