I am having what my friend Dig might call a whacking good morning. Yesterday I tried to get the grocery shopping done. I stress tried. I decided to be a nice mommy and go to my least favorite grocery store just to buy seedless grapes for the girls (it also opens 30 minuted earlier than any of the others). I sort of feel like that is about all I got. I was able to buy about 2/3 of the items on the list, but not everything. That meant I had to try again today at a different store. UGH! So ...
The girls got ready in record time and I dropped them off without fuss this morning. I got to the store in plenty of time to wait for it to open, and I remembered to bring my book this time. I got to spend about 20 minutes of quiet time just reading. Ahhh ... The store was not crowded, and I found the ham I was specifically looking for. On SALE! Plus all of the other stuff I needed. WooHoo! My next stop was the garden store to get dog food (I don't get it either). I expected another wait as I thought the store wouldn't open until 10 AM. I was wrong. It was open, uncrowded, and I had time to browse. After I salivated over all of the beautiful plants, I found the dog food, and it was on SALE for about $15 off! I think I will be going back this week to get another bag. My last top was to a kitchen store. I was in search of a set of measuring spoons that have both the American measurements as well as the metric measurements. And I found them, but not on sale. Oh well, guess everything can't be perfect.
Now I have my chicken in the crock pot, and the beds changed, and I even have the time to write this blog before running back to the school to get my hopefully happy girls. Oh, and the sun is shining today.
Oh, what a BEAUTIFUL morning.
1 comment:
I can almost hear the birds chirping in the background. I love days like that when everything just "works". Have a glorious rest of your day!
Post a Comment