Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The most amazing thing

I had another first in France today, and it REALLY appealed to science side. The girls and I went to playgroup this morning, and got to see a beautiful rainbow. And I had the opportunity to talk to them about how rainbows are made. They seemed to understand, thanks to the fact that I was able to tie my explanation in to an episode of their favorite cartoons that explained how a prism makes a rainbow. There was another rainbow on the way home. The coolest thing was that, for the first time ever, I saw a rainbow that was on the ground. The clouds were so low and the angle of the sun was just right to make the rainbow on the ground. It was beautiful. I tried my best to get a picture, but I just couldn't get a good angle. I really needed to put the kids back in the car and go to a hill nearby, but they were melting down. I really hate that I missed the opportunity for the picture, but I will always remember the color of the sky with that rainbow. Maybe I'll have another opportunity one of these days. This does seem to be the land of rainbows.

No comments: