To paraphrase a quote from a cuddly bear, or one of his friends, it is a very blustery day. Happy Windsday. It is gray, cold, WET and windy out there, and I am down by one umbrella (parapluie in French). It was a very nice rainbow striped umbrella, and the wind destroyed it! Guess French umbrellas are not wind tested for the likes of what we have today. Oh well.
Miss M explained to me at lunch today that it needs to rain today so that we can have a rainbow tomorrow. I hope she is right about having some sun tomorrow, but we can skip the rainbow if it means that we get to skip the rain. We have a date to go geocaching.
What is geocaching? you ask. It is a great adventure! You use your GPS to find caches that have been hidden by other geocachers. AuntT and her family introduced us to geocaching in April of 2006, and we have been hooked since. Geocaching exists all over the world with 540574 active caches in place. The website www.geocaching.com has all of the information you need to get started. People hide their caches, post the coordinates with clues to finding the cache, and you go find it. In the process you will see places that you would never see otherwise. We have had the opportunity to see some incredible sights. We have visited a 3-story-tall Virgin Mary, found a spiraled tower in Venice, visited a Swiss chateau on the banks of Lake Geneva, and more. As a matter of fact, we never travel without a selection of caches to go after, and we always have a few on standby for a pretty day at home. Check it out.
2 comments:
Something that I find interesting: caching..is this from the French verb cacher (to hide)? Hmmmm....
;)
This sounds like fun! I checked out the website and I'm excited to get started. We just need a GPS that we can put in coordinates. I think it will be lots of fun! And I can only imagine some of the places we'll get to see.
Post a Comment