Monday, March 24, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Visit orgjunkie.com to see more menus posted for this week's Menu Plan Monday.

Last week was pretty good. We all LOVED the sticky chicken, and thought the garlic pork roast was worth trying again. I made more of that great French onion soup, and it was almost as good as the first batch. I didn't stir it as much this time because I wanted the bouquet garni to stay together this time (we were picking herb branches out of every bowl last time). The taste was not quite as strong as the first batch so I have to figure out to keep that herb bunch together. I also made a batch of beef burgundy in my crock pot this past week, and it made a perfect warm meal on a cold night. I topped out the week with an Easter dinner of Crock Pot Maple Ham and gratin dauphinois, and I really got it right this time! The potatoes are time consuming to make but SOOO worth it. Miss S and I enjoyed them for lunch today too, and they make good leftovers.

Sorry I don't have the links handy this week, but I am rushing to get this done before the waffles are made. :) The recipes are either posted or links are provided in past entries.

This week is full of old standbys (I think I said that last week too, but there are no new recipes this week).

Monday - homemade waffles with real Vermont maple syrup (thank you in-laws)
Tuesday - French Onion Soup leftovers for the adults, and chicken leftovers for the kids
Wednesday - Baked potato bar with bacon, peppers and cheese for the adults, and nuggets and fries for the kids
Thursday - Homemade mac'n cheese with ham, peas
Friday - French Dip sandwich leftovers
Saturday - Homemade chicken nuggets, salad
Sunday - Make your own pizza

**If anyone has a suggestion for the homemade nuggets, PLEASE share! I am not sure how I want to make them. Ideas will be welcome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, your week sounds delish! I love making homemade chicken tenders...I think I just (it's been a while) dip in egg whites then in the bread crumbs and bake in the oven. We have them with sweet potato french fries!

I must admit, we *hardly* followed our meal plan at all last week! What a bust! I was bummed out by that. It was just a chaotic week! I hope this week we're more on track.
:-) April

DEHausfrau said...

Well, the munchkin wasn't a walking mess today so at least that's good news and it gets me through to tomorrow...

I have these silcone rubberband type things that are great for holding bouquet garni together (also good for holding stuffed chicken breasts together)...

Hope your waffles were good!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Here is a recipe for Chicken Nuggets:
http://healthyrecipes.oregonstate.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/CrunchyChickenNuggets.pdf
(Although, instead of the cereal, I usually just use Wheat Germ.)
I've enjoyed reading your blog!
Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

http://healthyrecipes.oregonstate.edu/sites/default/
files/pdf/CrunchyChickenNuggets.pdf

Sorry, here's the complete link. :)
Michele