Last night Miss S showed me that I might be wrong. I had reheated some of the awesome French onion soup that I made a couple of weeks ago to eat for my dinner. I made the perennial favorite of chicken (nuggets) and french fries for the girls. After about 3 bites of her chicken, Miss S announced that she wanted to try my soup.
"My onion soup?" I asked.
"Yes, Mommy," she replied, as if there was any other soup on the table.
"Are you sure? It has onions in it. And spices." (She hasn't ever liked onions up to this point in life)
"Yes, Mommy. But I want it in a bowl." (as opposed to a cup?)
And she got it in a bowl. I gave her a small serving with only a couple of onion pieces. She LOVED it. She ate 2 more, larger servings before declaring that she was done. This from the kid who generally refuses anything that looks like it might have been cooked anywhere near spices. She ate soup with onions AND spices in it, and liked it!
Tell that to the lady with the sophisticated chocolates! And remind me to make more soup next time.
2 comments:
That's so great that she not only wanted to try it but ended up liking it. Munchkin wanted some of my lentil chili last night and when I gave her some, she spit it out and said "yuck" - wouldn't even let me near her with the spoon after that...
I got your e-mail was able to read only the first sentence and then my cat jumped up on my laptop and deleted it. Can you please send the recipes again. I'm so sorry to bother you. I checked my trash box and couldn't find your e-mail. Life is crazy here at times. My e-mail is in your comments under menu planing. Thanks again.
Post a Comment