Monday, March 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I have a simple week planned. It is week 2 of Daddy's trip to Japan. Last week we worked on cleaning out the leftovers, so I do really have to cook this week. Bummer. I did try one new recipe. The Peking pork chops just did not work for us. The girls specifically asked that I NOT make this one again. Oh well. It was too bad because the meat was very moist and tender - a surprise for me given that it was pork chops.
This week shouldn't be too hard, but there are some new ideas in there.
Monday - seared scallops
Tuesday - quiche
Wednesday - crispy chicken
Thursday - leftovers (French onion soup)
Friday - Balsamic marinated chicken
Saturday - French dip sandwiches
Sunday - Make your own pizza
The scallops and quiche are both new recipes. I'll post them next week if they come out right. :)

7 comments:

Renee said...

Great menu plan! We love french onion soup at our house too. Have a great week!

Renee'
http://rmboys.wordpress.com/

Monica said...

Sounds delicious!!! Have a great week!

kim said...

Yummy menu! Where do you find roast beef for your french dip sandwiches? I love french dips, but haven't found any roast beef here (that was cooked anyway). Ironic though isn't it? Given the name: FRENCH dip. hmmmm I will ponder this awhile.
Have a great week!

Sarah said...

I love quiche and frittatas for quick and tasty meals!

Have a great week!
Sarah

DEHausfrau said...

Let me ask, does Daddy like the food he is having in Japan? Hubby had a $100 pp meal at a steak joint last week while in CA and I could have just hung up on him.

You ask for White Chili, I give you white chili. Basically, it's chili without the tomatoes or red beans or red meat and you can add other vegetables.

1lb great northern beans, soaked overnight
6 cups chicken broth
2 minced garlic cloves
2 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half
1 medium size jalepeno (I used a poblano because I wanted it to be a bit milder), minced
Two 4 oz cans roasted green chilis
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1.5 tsp ground cumin
.25 tsp ground cloves
.5 tsp cayenne pepper
2 medium zucchini, sliced in thin rounds
1 cup corn kernels
Salt to taste

Put the drained bean and the broth in the cooker with half of the onions and cook on HIGH for 2 hours

Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet and sautee up the rest of the onions. Then add the pepper and chicken and cook until not pink (6 mins).

Transfer the contents of the skillet into the slow cooker when the 2 hours is up and add the spices and herbs and stir all together. Cook on LOW for 6-6.5 hours, stirring occasionally. During the last hour, add the salt, zucchini, and corn.

mom2triplets04 said...

You visited my blog yet I couldn't find your e-mail to write you back. Please can you send me those crock pot recipes that you mentioned. It would be greatly appreciated. Send it to scrapaddict13 at yahoo dot com. Thanks.

Jamie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and asking about pizzas on grill. We do these with pre-made crusts purchased from the store, and put foil on the grill and a light coat of olive oil on the bottom of the crust. Just add your favorite toppings and grill with the lid closed. I did a search for pizzas on the grill and found lots of great recipes - I think I will get brave and try some homemade crust next time.
Your menu sounds great.
Jamie