I have been exposed! One of the moms at school informed me today that I have been exposed to les giboulees de mars. "What?" you say. "Is there a cure? What about the girls? Were they exposed?" Yes, they were exposed, even more so than I was, and no there is no cure but time. BUT it will be okay. I had to look it up, but we are all fine. Evidently les giboulees de mars are kind of like April showers except that they happen in March, and give solid precipitation. Here's the rest of the story ...
My Husband left yesterday for 10 days in Japan. The last time he made a trip like that at this time of year, I was iced in at home with no power. I did have a kerosene heater and a puppy, but no heat at night, and a freezer that was rapidly thawing (he blames me and that heater). Needless to say, I did not have a good feeling about him leaving this time. I wasn't totally off the mark.
We woke to cold, wind, and clouds today. I was disappointed. We have been having such pretty weather. It seems that all of the trees and flowers are in bloom. I figured that the clouds would move on as they seem to do every day. Not so. I dropped the girls off at school, returned home,, and was busily tapping away at the keyboard when I looked outside to see SNOW! Finally! And it was accumulating. I was so excited. Maybe we'd finally get to get out the sleds! Woohoo! Then it stopped. WHAT! And the sun came out! ARGH! Then it snowed again. And the sun came out again. And it snowed again. (Anyone seeing a pattern?) By the time I left to get the girls from school, the sky was clear and I needed sunglasses. Whew, it must be over.
Until we left the school. It was snowing hard with tiny flakes that were being blown into our faces by a strong wind. That was not popular with two little girls. Miss decided that she would need to change all of her clothes when we got home because hers were all wet. Miss M thought that the car was ruined because some of the snow got inside. Both girls were really upset and wanted the snow to go away, until I told them that we need to snow in order to use the sleds. THAT changed their minds.
It has been snowing off and on all day, and we sort of ignore it now. Some of it accumulates for a while, but none of it is lasting. It is supposed to stay cold for a few days so I won't lose hope yet. We might just get those sleds out yet.
3 comments:
Crazy weather! We have been enjoying spring also here with trees in bud and flowers blooming. But, no snow here for us today. Just a little cool breeze (I would call it cold, except I'm from Minnesota and I would get laughed at if I called 38 cold)
May your power stay on and your freezer stay frozen!
And I hope you find some sledding! Oh Super Besse.... ;)
I'm imagining that French snow is much prettier than Delaware snow just by reason that it is in France and not Delaware...
Post a Comment