Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Anything is a camera

This morning is one of those easy mornings. It is Wednesday which means no school in France. I am sitting in my husband's recliner, computer in my lap, and my children are sitting across the room on the couch. One has a copy of "The Poky Little Puppy" in her hands and the other is "reading" their children's' everyday Bible. It is very cute. Lying on the couch between them is a set of yellow binoculars. Their camera. Miss S was using it to look at pictures in the Bible, commenting on how pretty each picture was as her sister calmly turned the pages for her. Interesting especially since she was looking through the wrong end of the binoculars. They were so totally content that I didn't dare suggest that Miss S turn the binoculars over and use them "correctly." In this case, isn't correctness just a matter of perspective?

Today we are off to Dig's house for playgroup. She lives WAY out in the country so it is an event to go to her house. Today we will be having lunch at Chez Dig. Mommy is making another quiche (at the request of my children) as well as attempting bacon wrapped scallops in a maple syrup sauce, and Dig is going to show me how to make gratin dauphinois the right way. Mmmm.

And the sun is shining AGAIN today!

I hope the rest of you have plans for the day that are just as enticing for you.

3 comments:

kim said...

I just love happy blogs. Your's made me smile! Have another wonderful day!!!

Dig said...

Thanks for such a great time at mine yesterday! So much more fun to share a good meal with good friends!

Mom24 said...

I would be very grateful for a delicious quiche recipe. I figured since you are in France, you're a good person to try! If it's at all possible, please email me the recipe you use.