Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Quiche Recipe

Thank you to all of you who requested this recipe. I appreciate your patience. It is a French recipe, and I have had to figure out how you will make in other places. That is a switch, huh? I have added some notes at the bottom.

Quiche Lorraine

Crust

packet of bacon pieces or cubed ham (about 1 1/2 cups)
4 medium eggs
200 ml cream
100 ml milk
salt and pepper to taste

Fry the bacon/ham pieces until done.

Place crust in pan and prick the bottom.

Place bacon/ham in bottom.

Mix other ingredients and pour over top.

Bake at 375 F/ 190 C fro 30 minutes or until the center is firm.


Notes:
*I buy my crust. I have not been pre-baking it, but I think I might start. The last two have been a little soggy.
*You do not want a sweet cream. I am not sure what the equivalent would be to the cream we have here, but I will find out during our annual visit home this year.
*You can use this egg mixture as a base and change what you have with it. The lady who gave me this recipe has made a quiche with goat's cheese and tomato that is very good.
*This recipe freezes well. I thaw it in the microwave, then pop a slice in the oven to heat through. That way I avoid the sogginess caused by reheating in the microwave.

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

I am so excited to try this. Thank you for posting it. I have several of your recipes bookmarked to try, it's always fun to discover new recipes.

Anonymous said...

Yum, sounds good! I'm horrible with conversions though so I'll have to figure out what "ml" is to a "cup". LOL thanks!!!

Canadian Saver said...

This looks easy!! Thanks :-)