I think the weeks are moving faster. It seems like I just posted the last menu only a couple of days ago! :) Last week was a good one, in all aspects. The food was pretty good, but we were off menu by Thursday. I had no freezer space so I couldn't make the mac'n cheese and ham casserole! I always make a huge casserole so we can have leftovers, but I had nowhere to put them this time. Then we had extra meat from the French dip sandwiches so we ate those for 2 nights. YUM! That all means that I do not have much to buy at the grocery store this week because I have 2 meals to carry over to this week, and more leftovers to work through.
Sunday - Mac'n cheese and ham casserole, peas
Monday - Spaghetti and homemade meatballs
Tuesday - Chicken with Ritz crackers, salad
Wednesday - Tacos with leftover meat from the freezer
Thursday - Pork roast leftovers, mashed potatoes
Friday - Chef salad with leftover chicken from the freezer, bread
Saturday - Homemade chicken nuggets, salad
Sunday - Ham and something
5 comments:
About the eggplant, I have no idea - it just seems to work for me. I've read suggestions that say to freeze it flat in zip-top bags but I don't have a lot of room in my freezer.
Maybe we can put our heads together and figure out what to do when the guys tell us that they "might be going away" but won't have an answer until possibly 12 hours before departure. If this doesn't stop, I'm going to run out of leftovers...
It looks really yummy. Thanks for posting.
PS: Now he tells me he's not going to Vegas tomorrow but maybe later in the week - how much later in the week can you get than Wednesday before it's silly for him to come home over the weekend? Blech... but no more teething in our world for the moment.
Your menu looks really good and varied :-)
Yummy menu! I love the idea of cooking with left overs. I need to plan better to allow that. I was cooking enough for at least lunch the next day, but that's been replaced with sending it to the office with dh. Lunch must be his main meal (hunger-wise) because we usually only have enough left over for just his lunch. I need to scale up a bit and use that freezer! :)
Post a Comment