I searched the Internet for this recipe to link it to my menu post, but I cannot find it. This was an absolute favorite with my family, and I am planning it for an American friend who is here on business. Hope he likes it as much!
French Dip Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2 large onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1.4 cup butter, cubed
1 beef bottom round roast (3-4 pounds)
5 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 1/2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
1 clove of garlic, minced
French rolls
Shredded Swiss cheese
*In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender, transfer to 5-qt slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onions.
*In a large bowl, combine water, soy sauce, soup mix, browning sauce, and garlic. Pour over roast, Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
*Remove roast with a slotted spoon and let stand for 15 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Place on rolls, sprinkle with cheese, and broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Skim fat from juices, strain and serve as dipping sauce.
5 comments:
I LOVE French Dip sandwiches! As a little girl I always thought I was so sophisticated whenever I got to order one at a restaurant!
Here's the link to a recipe I saved for it - if I make pot roast next weekend, I'll be making this with the leftovers! :)
http://bakingbites.com/2008/02/slow-cooker-french-dip-sandwich/#more-1748
Have a great week!
Best,
Sarah
http://bakingbites.com/2008/02/slow-cooker-french-
dip-sandwich/#more-1748
Oops! Here's the full link cut to fit the parameters of the comments column - you may have to cut and paste!
Sorry!
Sarah
That sounds SO good! I have to try that!!!
Yummy! I think I'll have to try that!
I cannot wait to try this. I may have to rearrange this week's menu to fit it in! Thanks for the beef buying tip in France...I never know what to ask for with regards to cuts of meat (and many other things!!!) Do you get the onion soup mix here? I'll have to look for it.
Great recipe!!!!!
Post a Comment