I have had an awesome day so far. My day started with a trip to the French version of the Department f Motor Vehicles to get some paperwork nedded to sell our cars. I was in and out of the Prefecture in less than 10 minutes. I think it might be a new record! Then I made it out of downtown without the map or GPS (another first), and bought the week's groceries for less than 105 Euros! WOO HOO!!! And I get to spend soem time today looking at stuff to buy for the new house. What a day!
So, what will be eating for less than 105 Euros? Lots of leftovers. :)
Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs for the adults, leftover Chicken San Marino for the kids
Tuesday - Ham and potatoes
Wednesday - Creamy chicken, rice and peas
Thursday - Lasagne and salad
Friday - Tacos
Saturday - Chef salad with lemon-Parmesan crusted chicken
Sunday - Ham and mac'n cheese, salad
I hope you all have a great culinary week. If you need some ideas for your menu, check out OrgJunkie and Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:
I love it when I manage to have an inexpensive grocery week. It seems like it doesn't happen often. :-)
For gyros, I mix some olive oil, 1 clove garlic, minced, some salt and pepper and a tsp. of oregano. Brush on boneless chicken breasts and grill until done. I serve in warm, quickly grilled pita pockets, with shredded lettuce, thin tomato wedges, thinly sliced onions and a tzatziki sauce.
I'm listing the sauce last, but you would want to start this first. Sorry.
For the sauce, I take a small container of yogurt, put in a fine-mesh sieve, and let is sit for a while to drain excess liquid. Combine with 1 cucumber, peeled and shredded that's been squeezed in towels to get rid of excess moisture. Add 1 garlic clove, minced, some salt and pepper, 1 lemon juiced.
My 8 year old loves them with chicken, sauce and lettuce. My 6 year old just eats the chicken and the pita. My 16 year old and hubby and I love them with everything. They're easy and nutritious. A winner. Hope you like them.
I love it when you get in and out of DMV quickly.
These high winds are really kicking those of us wih allergies. Ugh!
Well, while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew I thought I would stop by MPM blogs and see what's being served.
Your menu sounds delicious.
Post a Comment