Friday, March 6, 2009

Just couldn't wait!

I was going to wait until Monday to post my meal reviews, but I just can't wait. We have a pretty good food week. SO good that I didn't have much by way of leftovers for last night's dinner. There was a dicey half-hour while I tried to figure out what to cook for the Misses.

The poppyseed chicken was a good meal for a cold day. Comfort food in the truest sense of the word. The Misses didn't like the sauce (how many kids DON"T like sauce?!), but thought the chicken was tender and tasty.

The Lemon and Parmesan-crusted chicken was very good. The chicken was moist and had a good flavor. The taste of citrus was a nice surprise, and the coating was crispy instead of soggy. I think this will make a great coating for homemade chicken nuggets.

My favorite new recipe was the pork medallions with fennel and pancetta. I haven't eaten much fennel and didn't really know what to expect. I was really pleased with this dish. The flavors blended so nicely, and it was even better the next day. The cream sauce wasn't heavy and it didn't drown the rest of the food. The pork was tender and juicy. I WILL be making this again. The next time I think I will double the amount of veggies though. I really enjoyed them.

I still have the San Marino chicken to make, but it may need to move to next week. Our neighbors have invited us to dinner tomorrow night. They will be serving duck cooked in the French style. They think it is pretty funny that we grill ours.

I hope the rest of you are enjoying a lovely culinary week.

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Isn't it fun to discover new recipes that you really like? Thanks for sharing.