The video is of all of the classes singing a Carnival song. It was hard to understand most of the words except "Car-Ni-Val." At the end of the song, all of the kids threw confetti at the parents. FUN!
We are a family of 4, with one great dog, who are continuing our adventures stateside.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Car-ni-val
This past Friday marked the annual school celebration of Carnival. I didn't know much about it except that the kids would have a parade. I thought we had to provide their costumes, but I was wrong. I got to see how wrong when the parents were invited to attend the parade.
Here is Miss S's class. She's the third one in. The whole class had the cutest costumes. There are rainbow fish, starfish, seahorses, and even a little seaweed. Their hats were sailboats that they had decorated themselves.
Miss M;s class was dressed as Kings and Queens. The girls were all dressed as the Queens of Hearts while the boys were the Kings of Clubs. They had also decorated their head wear - crowns with hearts or clubs. Miss M's hearts are polka-dotted or striped.
Here are my two Carnival goers. Cuties, huh?
Two other classes took part in the parade. The children in the class younger than the Misses' classes were Gingerbread children. The oldest class had costumes for different professions. I saw a lot of rugby and soccer players.
Here are the Misses' classes doing their circle dance in the courtyard of the Mayor's office. I didn't see the Mayor though. We made enough racket that he couldn't have missed us.
The video is of all of the classes singing a Carnival song. It was hard to understand most of the words except "Car-Ni-Val." At the end of the song, all of the kids threw confetti at the parents. FUN!
The video is of all of the classes singing a Carnival song. It was hard to understand most of the words except "Car-Ni-Val." At the end of the song, all of the kids threw confetti at the parents. FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks like everyone was having a great time! (Sorry I haven't been out to your house for more pictures but we've had some snow and it still hasn't melted yet! Not to mention some major messes at my rental houses.)
That's so fun! Unfortunately, our schools would never celebrate something they saw as so religious. Which, I think is really funny because I'm not sure how religious Carnival is! We've even eliminated Halloween parties--to politically incorrect. We do still get to have 'fall parties' though, just no costumes or anything Halloweeny.
Post a Comment