Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

I woke up to a gorgeous morning. We have a clear sky, and the sun is shining. I decided that I would go walking after I dropped the girls off at school.

One of the cool things about France is that there are public and private paths EVERYWHERE. The French have a much more open-minded view of trespassing. There is no problem with a person walking down the "roads" between fields as long as the person respects the property. In the public areas there are often trash cans and benches or picnic tables. The French get outside and walk A LOT more than the Americans, so they make it as pleasant as possible. I decided that I wanted to see what it was all about. And I had a blast. I listened to 14 Garth Brooks songs, climbed a few hills, and found a new way to get into our town. I even struck off up a hill to try to get over or around it, but didn't have any luck. I did get a good climb up, and back down, the hill. I walked for almost 50 minutes. And I left the car at the school so that I have to walk back to get the girls.

No comments: