I was all psyched for this week's menu as I was going to use up a bunch of leftovers. Then my husband called. A coworker of his is over from the States, and we are hosting him for dinner on Tuesday. No big problem except that I had pot roast leftovers on for tomorrow night. I don't think that would be a very nice thing to severa guest, especially since the girls and I didn't particularly like the pot roast the first time. No big deal. I'll just fall back on a tried-and-true family favorite.
Monday - Rosemary and honey chicken
Tuesday (guest dinner) - Pork loin on the rotisserie with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, fresh bread and salad (I slit the meat and put sliced garlic cloves in the slits. Then I cover the meat with olive oil and Herbes de Provence, aka Italian spices. It goes on the rotisserie for an hour or so, and is so very good.) I haven't decided on a dessert yet.
Wednesday - Chef salad with ham or chicken
Thursday - Balsamic chicken
Friday - Eggplant parmagana
Saturday - French onion soup
Sunday - Crockpot Maple Ham with gratin dauphinois (sort of like au gratin potatoes)
Last week was a tough one as my husband had to work late several nights. I went on with the menu plan without him, but he missed out. The roast chicken provencal was VERY good. The girls ate several helpings. The apple and onion pot roast was edible but not to our taste. That is not going on the "make again" list. The picante chicken was very sweet, thus not to my husband's taste, but I won't give up on it. We liked it a lot in the US, so I am thinking it is an issue with ingredients.
We are a family of 4, with one great dog, who are continuing our adventures stateside.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Menu Plan Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All of your recipes sound great!!
Looks like a great plan - and your guest dinner sounds fantastic!
Have a great week!
Sarah
Post a Comment