We had a pretty good food week. I have already posted about the French onion soup. I am already looking forward to the leftovers! Another hit was the Balsamic marinated chicken. The girls liked it so much that they wanted to eat their Dad's portion too! That's always a good indicator of a meal to repeat. The pork loin that I made for our "guest dinner" on Tuesday was also very good. I love having a rotisserie in my oven. Lastly, the crock pot maple ham was very good. It reminded me of my Mom's Christmas ham. Such a nice thing this far from home.
Unfortunately, not all of the meals were hits. The honey-rosemary chicken didn't work for us. Some of the problem was with the chef, but the rest was the taste. It just didn't appeal to our family. Oh well.
This week we are trying 3 new recipes. Luckily I have leftovers in the freezer if any of these are duds!
Monday - Spaghetti with homemade meatballs
Tuesday - Parmesan chicken
Wednesday - Spud Special Soup
Thursday - Eggplant parmigiana
Friday - Dilled pot roast
Saturday - Make our own pizzas
Sunday - Lemon chicken and potatoes
I hope you all have a great food week!

3 comments:
My DH liked the Honey-Rosemary chicken because it was browned before it went in the Slow Cooker so it wasn't just chicken mush.
This dinner thing is trial and error or you end up eating versions of the same five things for years (that's how it was in my house growing up).
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Yum! Looks like a great menu this week - we're having pot roast this week as well! :)
Have a great week!
Sarah
Ooh I dropped by because of the French factor! Bless you for sharing recipes. This sounds so good. LOL!
Post a Comment