I am sitting in our recliner with my feet up, looking at the jumble that is my living room, and I am smiling. Our local International Women's Club has a playgroup every Wednesday. We try to schedule our meetings at inside locations during the winter, and today was my day to host. I actually enjoyed preparing the house. I baked banana bread and a blueberry coffee cake (a first for me). I got all of the drinks ready, and the other snacks for the kids. I felt so domestic! The girls were excited about their friends coming. And it was all worth it.
I enjoyed every second of the chaos that comes with having 9 additional children in the house. I didn't mind tripping over the toys (why does that only bother me when Misses M and S are responsible for the mess?), or the crumbs on the floor (the dog took care of those for me). I simply felt blessed. All of the children seemed to be having fun, and the Mommies were talking and laughing. Misses M and S were sharing nicely. It was fun.
I needed this today. I have been depressed for a couple of weeks. Strange since things are going better these days. The girls have been healthy, and our routine has been restored. My Bible study group is going great, and we even made it to church again. I have been able to sleep all the way through the night for at least 2 nights now (I am a new woman). I have more time with the girls, and they are helping me more than ever, and life is good. Looking at all of this good stuff, I don't get the depression. Guess I need to shift my focus, huh?
3 comments:
Praying for you girl! Get into the Word and kick that depression to the curb! I am having to tell myself that too. Thanks for hosting today!
Dude, I'm just glad I got Drive-Thru on the banana bread! ;)
I'm sorry you've been depressed lately. I'm glad you had a good time with your playgroup, though!
Post a Comment