Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Customer service

I think I have decided that winter just isn't going to come this year. It is supposed to be gray and cloudy and cold here, but it just hasn't happened. It is yet another gorgeous day. Granted it weas COLD this morning (in the negatives), but so sunny and clear. It is so pretty that I have been inspired, but I'l get to that in a minute.

Yesterday I had a conversation with my Dad about custimer service. He recently had a problem with his internet service, and ended up in a mess thanks to what he was told by the customer service technician to do to fix the problem. He eventually got it all sorted out, but was a very unhappy guy for a while. I could sort of empathize as we have to rely very heavily on customer service folks in the US to help us with lots of things like banking, retirement, and more. Sometimes it can be a real hassle. Most recently I "discovered" a website geared toward increasing physical activity in Americans (http://www.livehealthyamerica.org/). I was thrilled. What a great motivational thing for me. I would make a team of Americans here, we'd work out, and after the 100 day challenge, exercise would be a habit. I read the site and got even more excited about the idea. Then I tried to sign up. No dice as I do not live in the US. I tried to contact customer service to ask if there was a way to make a team as an American living outside of the US. They haven't written back. ARGH! All they have to do is write to me and say "Gosh, sorry." Guess I'll have to figure out another way to hold myself accountable.

On that note, I need to do a workout. I was going to take another "stroll" around town today but it was just a bit too chilly for me.

1 comment:

Dig said...

But can you have Frenchies on the team too?!?!!? ;)