Monday, February 11, 2008

I am on a roll!



I am on a roll! I created a month-long menu yesterday, and I found chicken breasts on sale. I have started keeping my menus in an Excel spreadsheet, which makes it so much easier to organize them. I am using colors to highlight the meals we enjoyed and want to add to the "regular roataion" as well as to show which meals on the upcoming menu are new recipes. I wonder if this new organization in the kitchen will ever spill over to the rest of the house?!

This week we will be enjoying:

Monday - Macaroni, cheese and ham casserole



Thursday - Baked potato bar

Friday - Picante Chicken

Saturday - Leftovers (crockpot BBQ from last week)


Last week was awesome! We were on menu 6 out of 7 nights. We were only off menu because I totally forgot to buy the chicken for the rosemary and honey chicken. I have added the Fabulous fajitas to our menu as the entire family loved them. The girls ate the meat for 2 dinners and a lunch. It is the first thing that they have specifically asked for a sauce to go with the meat. Husband and I each ate 2 sandwiches on the night I prepared the meat. I'd say that one was a hit! The rest of our meals were "old standbys" but still went over well. Guess that is why they are old standbys!

1 comment:

DEHausfrau said...

Wow, a month long menu. One of my friend's does that, she even shops a month in advance and stores stuff in her extra freezer. Congrats on staying on menu plan!

Thanks for sharing and have a great week. My menu is up here.