We are a family of 4, with one great dog, who are continuing our adventures stateside.
Monday, February 4, 2008
More menu planning
I was scanning some of my favorite blogs when I realized that it is Monday and I haven't posted my menu yet! Here goes ...
Monday: Chicken in cream sauce (I sprinkle Lowry's on the chicken breasts, cover them with a cream sauce, bake then grate fresh Parmesan on top), rice, and sauteed veggies
Tuesday: Crockpot BBQ (Put a beef roast i nthe crockpot, cover with water, cook until falling apart, drain water but save 1 cup, shred meat, add BBQ sauce and additional liquid if needed, cook 30 minutes, serve on fresh bread); I will probably saute peppers and onions to go with this for my husband while I eat a salad
Wednesday: Ham and au gratin potatoes, French butter beans (salad for hubby)
Thursday: Honey and Rosemary Chicken, potatoes coated in oil and onion soup mix
Friday: Chef salad with ham and possibly onion soup
Saturday: French Dip sandwiches
I know the week is a little heavy on the beef dishes, but it is what sounded good to me this week. I am on week 3 without repeating a meal except for 2 nights of leftovers. And I have added 9 new recipes to our repetoire.
Last week went well. We stayed on menu for at least 6 nights. I am feeling more organized, and am able to get my girls in the kitchen more often to help me cook. They LOVE that. They can't wait to get old enough to start using the stove and oven so that THEY can cook dinner and bake cakes. Their response has made it worth every second of recipe searching and ingredient translating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The honey and rosemary chicken sounds yummy. Congrats on last staying on menu last week.
Thanks for sharing and have a great week... my menu is up here.
Wow! What a wonderful menu! All of it sounds wonderful:)
Is that "low country" (South Carolina)mustard BBQ, or "up country" ketchup based?--I never knew there was a difference 'till I met my wife.
Enjoy your week!
Post a Comment