Monday, January 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Menu Plan Monday

We had a great week last week as far as food was concerned. My husband ate two servings of my potato soup (a first try for me), requested my pork chops again at a later date (see coating recipe below), had a blast making pizzas with the twins, and ate our stand-by of spaghetti and home-made meatballs twice quite happily. I am thrilled with my first planned menu week!

Here's week two:

Monday: Parmesan chicken, noodles or rice
Tuesday: Fabulous Fajitas
Wednesday: Crispy Chicken (made with corn flakes), salad, roasted garlic, fresh bread, and a chocolate cake (Husband's birthday)
Thursday: Amazing Pork Tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and French butter beans (TOTALLY different than what one finds in the US)
Friday: the last of the potato soup
Saturday: leftovers (time to clear out the freezer and fridge)
Sunday: Make your own pizza

I want to share a favorite recipe of mine. It has special meaning to me. I can remember my father making batches of these meatballs, and the house smelled so good. He always let me mix the meat until my fingers got too cold simply because I loved to squish it between my fingers. I hope my girls will "help" me one day too.

My Dad's Meatball Recipe

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp parsley
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Oregano to taste
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten

Mix all ingredients. Shape into 1 inch balls.
Cook 15 minutes at 350 degrees, turn and cook 10 more minutes.

**These freeze VERY well. I often double the recipe so that I have plenty on hand. I also have mixed ground turkey with the ground beef for a more healthy option.

The pork chops that my husband particularly enjoyed this week were coated with my own concoction.

1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

I dipped the chops in milk then coated them with the mixture above. They came out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

Candi said...

Sounds very tasty. Thanks for the recipes, too!!

DEHausfrau said...

I love blogs from US moms living overseas. We're looking at a move abroad in the next 18 months so, I'm looking for role models. Are the fajitas truly fabulous? Looks like a tasty menu.

Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

My menu is up here.

lizzykristine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing yourself -- I love to meet new people. :)

Your menu looks great -- just mentioning parmesan chicken makes me hungry. We love to marinate chicken in ranch dressing, coat it with parmesan and garlic seasoning, and cook on the stove. Mm!

kim said...

What are French Butter Beans??? I am looking for new, fun things to serve the family. I'll have to look for them.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I think us ex-pats have to stick together to survive.