And we have a mess! The industrial hygienist came today and confirmed that we have water damage and mold. Now we are waiting for him to file his report with the insurance company and for the insurance company to offer some suggestions for service companies.
In a way it is a relief to have this assessment done. I had started to wonder if ServPro was going overboard in their assessment. You know - trying to get the trusting, desperate people to pay for stuff they may not REALLY need. Not so.
Today portions of our carpet were pulled up, furniture was moved, a really cool camera scope was use to take pictures inside the bottom of the cabinet, and the crawl space was explored. Whew! I feel very confident that we have a good idea of what needs to happen. Now we just need to go ahead to get started.
One interesting thing did come up today. We think we might not have the right padding under the carpet. Husband has been wondering because he thinks what we have does not feel cushy enough. Today we got to see what is under the carpet and even took some pictures. I have a call into the flooring company to make an appointment to go back to the showroom and compare the pictures to the sample to see who is right. This could be interesting too.
Hope you all have a good weekend. I am going to see what I can do about rearranging our scheduled activities just in case we need to get out of Dodge.
2 comments:
It sounds like you're one big step closer to getting it fixed. I hope so.
Unbelievable about the carpet pad. It would be an awful upheaval, but since you're not happy with how it feels, I hope it is wrong and you can get it corrected.
Good luck. Keep thinking how nice it will be when it's finally right.
I'm glad that you're finding some answers and getting one step closer to "moving into" your house. Again.
I miss having carpet. The house I grew up in had it, but the one I live in now is all hardwood and tile. Pretty, yes. Comfy on the feet. Notsomuch.
Post a Comment