And we're back to our regularly scheduled program. I have been putting off my menu planning, or keeping it very simple in the hopes of NOT having to cook. I have given that up, and I am going with Murphy's Law - I will plan a full, interesting menu for this week in an effort to ensure that the work on the kitchen starts and I am eating at my Mom's! :)
So here is the plan:
Sunday - grilled steak, salad, bread, wine
Monday - Pepper Jack Chicken
Tuesday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Wednesday - Chef salad with left over mesquite marinated, grilled chicken (Salads - one of the things I LOVE about summer)
Thursday - grilled pork chops, marinade TBD
Friday - Parents' Night OUT thanks to the YMCA!! Nuggets and fries for the kids, who knows for the parents
Saturday - Chicken Pecan Fettuccine (see below)
Sunday - grilled steak, salad, bread, wine
Have I told you about mt new favorite recipe site? Apron's is a service from Publix grocery stores (LOVE the store too thanks to their great customer service, better than any other in the area). Anyway, the recipes are created by their chefs (they also have a cooking school, just not in my town). They are so easy to follow. Each menu comes complete with a main dish and a suggested side dish - 2 recipes for the price of 1! And they give you a list of utensils and cookware needed for the recipes as well as a shopping list organized by department in the store. Here is an example: Chicken Pecan Fettuccine, the meal I am making on Saturday. I LOVE this service!! Also, they demo the feature recipes on Saturdays and in the evenings just in case anyone has questions about how something is done. How cool!
I hope you all have a great week. If you are looking for some interesting meal ideas, look on over at Menu Plan Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment