Monday, June 8, 2009

At least the sun is shining

I woke up feeling really good this morning. We had a pretty productive weekend. I got started with a workout program at the Y. Husband got a lot of yard work done, and hung some of the blinds. The Misses decorated the driveway with sidewalk chalk. Not too bad, huh?

Then Miss M decided that she needed to be up at 7:20 AM (she generally sleeps until about 8:30). Okay, so no Mommy time this morning. No problem.

Then I got on the Internet to buy a converter box for our TV. Do you have any idea just how many choices there are out there? And nobody has a good comparison site, at least not in my opinion. Same issue with portable DVD players. ARGH!

And my grandmother broke her hip last night.

And the whole kitchen fiasco is getting worse.

BUT ...

The Misses and I have an appointment for a little dirt therapy today. Thanks to a friend who actually reads the newspaper, we learned about a community garden not too far from our house. The gist is that the volunteers work the garden and get to keep some of the fruit and veggies. The rest will go to local charities. This is so perfect for us. We do not have time to put in our own garden this year, but the Misses really want to grow stuff. Now we can have it all.

And I can take out some of my frustration on the weeds. :)

2 comments:

Mom24 said...

Look out weeds!

Thankful for the good stuff, sorry for the bad/frustrating.

I'll be praying for your grandmother.

Good luck with the kitchen.

Dig said...

Oh Steph. Not fun. Playing in the dirt will be very good therapy. Just so you know, Will keeps calling you on his cell phone....