Monday, June 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

My menu planning started sort of like this this week:

"Miss S, what would you like to have on the menu this week?"

(Pause while she thinks) "Mommy, I want chicken with mushrooms."

"Okay. Which chicken with mushrooms - the spicy chicken and mushrooms or the chicken and mushrooms with the spaghetti?"

"Mooommm, the spicy chicken of course." (said with all of the attitude a 5-year-old can muster)

So here is what we are eating this week:
Monday - Pepper Jack chicken
Tuesday - Plantain crusted pork chops
Wednesday - Peppered steaks with sherry-mustard sauce
Thursday - Homemade pizza
Friday - PNO - food at a restaurant for the adults, I think
Saturday - Cookout with friends
Sunday - steaks on the grill

My recipes for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday all come from my new favorite recipe site:
Apron's Simple Meals. I've tried a couple of things from this site, and have been happy so far. Last week I tried the Chicken Pecan fettuccine and it was well-received. Not as well as the Pepper Jack chicken, but good enough to have again sometime.

Check out some of the menus over at OrgJunkie.

No comments: