I had a pretty neat experience today. I took the girls back to the community garden for another work session. While we were waiting to get started, we chatted with some of the other volunteers. One of the ladies asked the Misses where they had gotten their gardening boots. They responded "France."
A few minutes later another volunteer arrived. The first lady prompted the girls to tell the second lady where they got their boots. I thought it was a little strange, but quickly realized that this newcomer must have lived in France at some point also.
She looked at me, raised her sun glasses and said "Did you live at 6 ...?"
I was stunned, until I took a good look at her. She had lived in "our house" in France before us. We actually met the day we were scouting houses to rent almost 3 years ago.
I guess it really is true that "It's a small world afterall."
4 comments:
I don't offhand remember if I've had any experiences before, but that's pretty amazing!
That is completely amazing. Wow!
That's what I'd call full circle!
I really believe the world is smaller than we think. Just knowing we reconnected when you were in France by our mutual friend in Germany. Also, once we took a trip to China and who would have thought we would meet someone we knew from SC in Shanghai.
Post a Comment