Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally some good news

I had a pretty good Monday after all. The Misses and I got to get our hands in the dirt and pull some weeds. There is another gardening session on Thursday morning, and I am really looking forward to getting out there. I will be more prepared this time as we will take some hand tools to dig up the crabgrass as well as some buckets to haul it out of the garden. The Misses were not happy that I didn't bring their shovels yesterday. Won't make that mistake again.

We did have to cut the gardening short though. I received a call from our insurance adjuster about 5 minutes before we were to leave home yesterday afternoon. He wanted to come out to the house that afternoon to check out the situation. I was all over that! The short version is that our homeowner's insurance will cover the work, and that the adjuster wants an industrial hygienist to come out to check out the mold. The whole situation may not be as dire as I was lead to believe by ServPro. The upshot is that we may finally be able to get the work started next week!

I realized today that I didn't make a menu for this week. I remember looking through the leftovers in the freezer and thinking that we will do a lot of "clean-up" eating this week, and that I might not need much from the store. I even remember writing a few items on the grocery list. I never got around to the menu though. Very unlike me. Could make for a very interesting week food-wise.

I'm off to read about a puppy named Biscuit, then going on a bear hunt, then maybe to the pool for a dip. Hope you are all having some fun too.

2 comments:

Mom24 said...

I hope things truly are looking up. I know you've had so much upheaval, I'm sure you want things settled, and fixed. :-)

Lindsay said...

That's wonderful that things aren't looking as bad as initially thought...and that insurance will cover it! You never think that you'd need that insurance but it's nice to have it when you do.