Saturday, June 13, 2009

The moment is NOW


So this is what our kitchen and living room looked like on May 6, 2009. We had received all of the storage stuff and the France stuff. I was so overwhelmed with all of the stuff in the house that I didn't bother to take pictures in any other rooms.
I have been waiting to post pictures of the house mostly because I wanted it to be as perfect as possible when I share with you all. Since that day may never come I'll let you see how we really live, at least for now.
I stood with my back to the front door to take this one. You are looking in toward the Great Room. To your right is the guest room. To your left is the Office/formal dining room. The entrance to the Owner's Suite is just past the little table on the right.
The guest room - the legs on the bed didn't survive life in France very well so we have some repairs to do. The bed will eventually be off the floor and made.
And we will be buying some bookshelves so that we can unpack the last of the boxes. They are on the "To buy" list, somewhere.
Our bedroom with one blind up (Husband has promised that the other will go up this weekend).
The Great Room (don't you just love the names the builders give all of the rooms?) We have the two couches set up in as close to a conversation circle as possible. Now we have plenty of seating when we have company.
The Morning Room - this was the first room to have the window treatments put up, and Miss S and I are very grateful. We sit in the chairs facing the windows, and the evening sun is brutal!
The new freezer and the wine storage system. Yes, it is a glorified wine fridge.
The kitchen
The kitchen from the other side
The hutch you see in the hallway when you walk out of the kitchen
The most important room in the house - the Misses' playroom. They are having the best time having their own space.
The Misses' Bedroom
The last room before you leave the house through the door to the garage (on the far side of the office from the front door). It is slammed packed full, and in desperate need of some organization, but I am thrilled at how much stuff is in there! Such glorious storage! We will eventually put in deeper shelves, and more of them, or cabinets to help with the organization. Right now it works, and there are more important projects, like the blinds.
I hope you have enjoyed the tour. Maybe I'll get it all organized one of these days. I do think we are doing awfully well for folks who have moved across the ocean, unpacked almost everything from storage AND France, and given 85% of it homes in less than 2 months. I am open to organizing suggestions if you have any, though.

4 comments:

RHB said...

Looks great! Glad I'm not the only one who isn't instatntly organized and settled in. But I'm very impressed with how much you've done in a couple of months!

loonyhiker said...

Thanks for the tour! It was exciting to see the finished product! Glad the misses are enjoying their new home!

Mom24 said...

Well, your home is absolutely beautiful. I hope it all gets squared around soon, I know that feels so much better. I'm terribly jealous of all the room you have. Very nice.

Dig said...

So strange to see all that familiar furniture in a house I've never visited! LOVE the playroom!