Friday, February 13, 2009

What I miss most today ...

would be my stackable cooling racks from The Pampered Chef.

Why? you might ask.

Because we finally made chocolate chips cookies today! It only took a year. Some of you might remember this post about our trip to visit with friends in Germany in April last year. Monica took us to the commissary to buy some of the American foods that we have been missing. It was a blast. And it filled my cabinets! Unfortunately some of the items ended up being pushed into the blind corner of one cabinet and forgotten. Earlier this week I took everything our of the 2 cabinets that I use for my pantry just to have a look at what was there (and what would need to be used up or given away). Low and behold, I found chocolate chips!

I stuck those precious chips back in the cabinet to wait for the perfect moment to make cookies. Today was it. We are on day 7 of a 2 week school break. It has been snowing off and on all week, but little of it has stuck. Outside is just wet and muddy. No fun. I have tried to have an outing for each day just so we can look at some other walls, but we were stuck home today. We all have a little bit of cabin fever so I knew it was time to make cookies.

Here are my most capable sous-chefs displaying their lovely cookies. And you can see the snow outside. There isn't as much as you might think. :( But I keep hoping!

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

Yummy! So I'm curious, no chocolate chips in France? Interesting.

loonyhiker said...

I think I can smell those cookies here! I can't wait until you move closer (we will only be 4 miles apart!) I will be sending you an email shortly about the pictures I took for you today so please look for it soon.

Lindsay said...

Mmm, those are some good looking cookies! And snow? I'm so jealous!