Thursday, February 19, 2009

More House Photos

I talked to my mother on the phone a couple of days ago and kind of got myself in trouble. I told her that I had posted some house pictures on my Facebook account. She doesn't have a Facebook account, and really wanted to see pictures. Sorry Mom, and the rest of you who want to see the progress.

I decided that today was a very good day to post the pictures as Husband is in the US for the pre-drywall meeting on Friday. He is planning to take measurements and pictures of every wall in the house. I remember doing that with the last house. We had over 400 pictures, and that house was half the size of this one! I think I am going to have a lot of pictures to organize next week. :)

Here's the garage. We are hoping that the boat will fit in the single bay and that our cars can go in the double bay.
This is out guest room. It will have an en suite bathroom, and will overlook one of the streets that border the lot.
These are the two rooms that are for the girls. The plan this week is to have a bedroom (on right) and a playroom (on left). The bedroom has a walk-in closet (near the windows). The laundry room shares a wall with this room, so we'll have to see how it goes.
Here is the laundry room. It is HUGE and I cannot wait. Right now our laundry facilities are in the garage. Not so bad in the summer, but really cold in the winter!
This is the dining room. It looks huge in this picture, but it really isn't that big. It will nicely hold a table for 8 and a hutch.
This is a shot from the morning room toward the kitchen (on the right) and the great room. We will have a gas fireplace, but it is on the wall that you cannot see.
And here is the morning room. The plan right now is to use the morning room for our meals and the dining room for the office. When the girls get older and ther are not so many spills, we will switch those two.
This is the view from the morning room windows.
Here is our bedroom.
And our bathroom. We will have linen closets for our bathroom and for the girls' bathroom. I am really looking forward to getting the linens out of the clothes closets and underbed bins and into an organized linen closet (or two).

Here is a link to the builder's website if you'd like to check out the floorplan of the house. We've chosen the Somerset model, but not in this subdivision.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

kim said...

It's going to be fabulous. Love all the windows! How exciting!!!!
I am sort-of surprised you didn't opt for the all concrete home that we've all come to love here in Europe though. Wood studs? Not too sure about that. Just kidding. Did you opt for the mandatory bomb shelter (oh, that's probably a Swiss thing, not a French thing, huh?)
Keep us posted on the progress. It is so wonderful

Mom24 said...

What a beautiful home you're building!!! So pretty and it will be full of light. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure we will never build a home, as we will never be able to sell our home...as we will never be able to rebuild our equity...as our economy...oh never mind!

I'll enjoy living vicariously.

DEHausfrau said...

Oh it's gorgeous - I just love the windows in the morning room... *sigh*, makes me want to move...

Stephanie said...

Thank you! We are SOOOO excited. We loved our first house, and wouldn't have sold it if we hadn't moved over here. This one is similar which is why I think it just feels right. And I LOVE all of the windows too.

Anonymous said...

I bet it's going to look BEAUTIFUL when completed! I can already see its potential!!

Lindsay said...

It make just be framed right now, but I can tell it's going to look beautiful when it's finished. I looked at the different home models offered, and I really like what they have. I might keep them in mind if we build in the future.