Monday, February 9, 2009

School vacation and Menu Plan Monday

I finally got everyone healthy and back in school just in time to have a 2 week vacation! At least the Misses will go back healthy at the end of break. We'll have lots of time to rest and catch up on sleep.

So, what will we be doing during our break? Who knows! Today we had lunch with friends and a lovely playdate at our house. This was followed by a quick trip to a wine festival so that I could introduce Dig to the wonder of this annual event. Granted I did profit by buying some Beaufort cheese and Cognac filled chocolates. YUM!

Now for the part of our week that I am sure of (relatively) ... the menu. I have finally cleared out a good amount of freezer space and am ready to try some new recipes. I have 3 from other bloggers, and one that I have been trying to work in for almost a month. So, here goes:

Sunday - Mac'n cheese and ham, peas
Monday - Leftovers (I haven't made it to the store)
Tuesday - Bacon wrapped cheesy chicken
Wednesday - Joan's slow cooker pork chops
Thursday - Manicotti with cheese
Friday - Crockpot brown sugar chicken
Saturday - French dip sandwiches
Sunday - Spaghetti and meatballs

I am really looking forward to trying these new recipes. I feel like is has been FOREVER since I had the opportunity to try something new.

If you are looking for some new menu ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

DEHausfrau said...

Now that I've conquered my fear of bread, maybe I'll use your recipe and deal with my fear of stuffed pastas... thanks for sharing (as usual)!

Mom24 said...

Sounds really yummy. I hope you have a fun break with the girls.