Happy Monday everyone! I hope your day is off to as beautiful of a start as ours. We have bright sunshine today which is a lovely change from the snow that kept falling, but not sticking, last week.
First things first - last week's meal options. We didn't have any major standouts although the Bacon-wrapped Cheesy chicken was a hit with Miss S. The manicotti was good, but I prefer my recipe. I just can't find all of the ingredients here. I still didn't do the crock pot pork chops. I found a couple boxes of Shke'n Bake when I cleaned out the pantry last week so I thought that might be a yummy change. The Brown Sugar chicken was okay, but a little too sweet for Husband and me. I think I might need to cut the sugar and add a little spice to it the next time.
I have to comment a little more on the bacon-wrapped cheesy chicken. The bacon-wrapped meat was really good. It was the filling that Miss M and Husband didn't like. I thought it was okay, but wouldn't go out of my way for it. I do think that I wil ltry it again with a different cheese. Cream cheese just isn't my thing. I think some cheddar or Gruyere might be really good though.
Now for this week ... Husband is headed to the US to do some house stuff so the girls and I got to pick our favorties for some of the dinners.
Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday - Beer-braised beef, pasta, beans
Wednesday - Leftover bacon-wrapped chicken, mac'n cheese, peas
Thursday - Scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits
Friday - creamy chicken, rice, peas
Saturday - Chicken nuggets and fries, fruit
Sunday - Pork chop dinner in the crockpot
Here are the links for the two recipes that I am trying this week:
Pork Chop Dinner
Beer-braised beef
Now, if you are looking for some new meal ideas, check out the other posts at Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:
I liked that pork chop dinner recipe and will try it out this week too.
Cream cheese should definetly be reserved for bagels... hope Husband has a safe trip!
Sounds like a really good week. I love spaghetti and meatballs and having 'breakfast' for dinner. :)
Post a Comment