Sunday, February 1, 2009

A lot of Stuff

The past two weeks have been very full. Full of good stuff and not so great stuff. Some of the good things have included: learning that we are definitely (as in no doubt and sort of have a date) going back to the US in April, finding out that the foundation for our new house is in and that the lumber for the framing should show up on Monday, helping a new friend in this expat world, and realizing just how much my husband and I adore our children.

Some of the not so great stuff has included: sick teachers who cannot get subs for their classrooms, sick kids who will not take medication, being stuck home with sick kids and being sick myself, and realizing just how much my husband and I adore our children.

So, how can that adoration of children be good AND bad? When it leads to hours and days of worry, several trips to the very nice French doctor in our town, and to HUGE fights between the adoring parents. It has been a rough 2 weeks.

The good news is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone in the family woke this morning fever-free, and Miss S FINALLY took some medicine. Granted I had to dip my finger in the medicine and feed it to her like she was a baby, but whatever works to get the meds inside the kid! Now all of the children are outside riding tricycles or chasing balls. This is the first time in 2 weeks that all of the kids have been out at once. YEAH!!

This break has given me a chance to work on other "stuff" like our "For Sale" list. Thanks to the difference between the electrical systems in Europe and the US, we had to buy all kinds of stuff when we arrived. Now that we are leaving, we have to sell all of that stuff. It is a time honored expatriate tradition, this buying and selling. My job today has been to walk through the house taking pictures of all of the things that need to be sold, then use Exel to make a nice list of the items, complete with description in English and French, original price, and selling price. Once Husband proofs this list it will go off into cyberland to, hopefully, be snatched up by an incoming expat. Wish us luck!

Now back to handling my stuff.

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

I'm glad things are on the upswing. April will be here before you know it, won't it? I hope all your stuff sells, for the price you want, when you want. It could happen. :)

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your kids have been sick, but I'm happy they're on the mend! Where are you going to be moving to in the States? Are you coming back to the Carolinas?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better! And how awesome that you have news on your move and house!!! I'm so excited for you!