I had to go with the wintery picture simply because winter is still firmly here. There is still snow on the mountains, clouds in the sky, and that damp feeling in the air. Calls for comfort food!
Last week was a good week despite Daddy being gone for 5 days. The Misses and I had some fun, and ate well. We did not follow the menu though. Well, we mixed up the meals but I guess we pretty much ate what was on the menu. I did get in trouble when I tried to serve chicken nuggets and fries on the wrong day. That wasn't what the menu said! What am I going to do when they can read?
We tried 2 new meals this past week, both from Taste of Home. The beer braised beef was very good. Itried a new recipe that we all liked much better than my last try. There were more spices in this recipe which I think really improved the flavor. The Pork Chop Dinner was good, but the sauce was a little thick for me. I think I might add a little chicken broth the next time to thin it down a bit. The meat was very tender, and the veggies had a good flavor. I will definitely try this one again.
This week's menu is full of left overs, again. I almost had the freezer cleaned out 2 weeks ago, and I will make it this week. No new recipes, but finishing up some yummy ones.
Monday - Lasagne and manicotti leftovers, salad
Tuesday - Beer draised beef leftovers, bowtie pasta, and green beans
Wednesday - Pork chop dinner leftovers, cooked carrots without sauce, bread
Thursday - Misc. leftovers (I have single servings of serveral things), salad
Friday - Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, bread
Saturday - Waffles, bacon, fruit
Sunday - Ham, gratin dauphinois, peas
Enjoy your week, and check out some other menus at Orgjunkie.

3 comments:
Your menu looks great!
Winter still has a firm grip on us here in the mountains of PA, too.
Have a blessed week!
Lisa
The winter picture is great for me too! But I am ready for spring! Looks like a great week of meals - I went to a Taste of Home Cooking show a few years back and had a great time!
Good luck cleaning it all out. I love when I get that fresh start. Your menu sounds yummy.
Post a Comment