It has been an absolute whirlwind for the past couple of weeks. We had been trying to prepare for the holidays while making plans for building a house in the US and trying to decide if we were going to make a trip back to the US to finalize house building details.
On December 14, all of the details fell into place. We signed a contract to build a nice new house that will, amazingly, be ready for us to move into in early April, 2009. Yep, a 3-4 month build. BIG difference between the US and France, let me tell you. Folks have told us that it can take up to 2 years to build a house here. I don't think I know any Americans who have the patience to wait 2 years for their new house.
With the signing of the contract came the need for kennel reservations for the dog as well as airline tickets for the humans. Husband called the kennel and was amazed to find that they had a vacancy. I found out a couple of days later that they were making special accommodation for our brown furry child. I got to hear all about how much they like her, and us, how she plays so nicely with the other dogs and nver causes trouble. And how the proprietors enjoyed talking to us, even with our broken French, because we are so polite. My heart just filled.
So did my eyes. I know that I am ready to go back to the US, but there is so much that I will miss about this region. And there is so much that I regret, so many things that I wish I had done differently while living in France. I do that God that I have had the opportunity to be here, to meet some amazing people, and to have the expereiences that I have had (and shared with my family). Now I just have to figure out how to maek the most of our last few months in this incredible place.
1 comment:
I am so excited for you! I can't wait until you come home so we can visit! I hope the house building goes well and if I can do anything to help here, please let me know. If you need me to go by the house and send you pictures, I can do that too.
Post a Comment