Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Works for me Wednesday

This is a new one for me. My friend Monica (Daily Dwelling) has posted her quite often, but I never felt that i had anything to write about. Until today.

The Misses received LOTS of arts and crafts stuff for Christmas. One of the new favorites is a watercolor paint palette. Miss M especially likes to paint. Today she even learned how to mix colors to make new colors. It does my heart good to see my girl enjoying one of my favorite childhood past-times. I remember spending hours painting with tihs great paint set that my Grandma W gave to me. And I remember spilling water all over the place everytime I'd knock over my Dixie cup full of water.

So here's me "Works for me" entry... I let the Misses use one of my ramekins for their water dish. The sides are low and the bottom is wide so it is very stable.

Here is Miss M creating a masterpiece with her paints and a blue ramekin of water.

If you would like more helpful ideas take a look at Works for me Wednesday.

4 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

Hi Stephanie! I can remember using them on tile when I was a child! :)

I loved your water color post. We used to use old egg containers for water because mom would be tired of changing the water for us :)

Mom24 said...

We do that too! It works great, you're right. Great tip.

Are you excited to be coming back? I'm sure you're excited about building a house.

Anonymous said...

Yay! She looks so cute and very serious about her painting!

Anonymous said...

For painting we use a muffin tin. Different colors go in different spots and in theory don't get mixed up.