Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

It is good to be back! Hopefully I will get a chance for consistency now. We are staying put until April at least.

This week's menu is pretty simple. I want to clean out the freezer so that I can buy stuff to try some of the new recipes in my new copy Joy of Cooking. I also have a couple of other cookbooks that are gathering dust and need to be used. The bummer is that it will be COLD this week (it was -5 Celsius this morning), and crockpot comfort foor like chilli would be really good. The "good news" is that the cold weather isn't going anywhere so I can use some fo those yummy recipes next week.

Here's what's on this week:
Monday - leftovers (pork I think) with pasta or potatoes and peas
Tuesday - Tacos
Wednesday - Chef salad with leftover sticky chicken
Thursday - Baked potato bar
Friday - Mac'n cheese and ham for the girls' birthday (they are going to be 5!)
Saturday - Waffles
Sunday - Chicken parmigiana, salad and fresh French bread

I hope you all have a great culinary week. Please share your menus at Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

AP Mommy said...

Yum to comfort foods! I agree when it's cold you need tasty delights to warm the tummy and man is that cold! Brr.