Last week was a pretty mundane food week. My goal was to clean out the freezer. We just about accomplished it. I was down to just 3 or 4 freezer containers when the Misses asked for mac'n cheese for their birthday dinner. "Unfortunately" this is one dish that I do not know how to make in small quantities so the freezer is full again. Luckily it is a family favorite and will go fast. Good thing because I am trying new stuff this week!
Sunday - Daddy's waffles with bacon and fruit
Monday - Chicken Parmigiana from the Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary Edition, salad, fresh bread
Tuesday - Apple-dijon Pork Roast with rice and/or pasta and steamed broccoli
Wednesday - Chef salad with leftover chicken, Bisquick biscuits and shredded or sliced carrots for the Misses
Thursay - Leftovers (mac'n cheese anyone?)
Friday - French Dip Sandwiches, fries and fruit
Saturday - Joan's Slow Cooker Pork Chops, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
Sunday - Waffles, bacon and fruit
I learned something recently. most of you probably already know this, but mashed potatoes freeze REALLY well. I had a lot of leftovers from Christmas dinner and not time to eat them as we were traveling the next day so I froze the potatoes. We were eating leftovers the night of our return home and gave the frozen potatoes a try. Can I just say YUM!?
Have a great week, and check out the menu ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:
It always feels good to clean out the freezer, doesn't it? Your menu sounds yummy--we had Chicken Parmigiana today and are having breakfast for dinner tonight. :-)
It's amazing what can go into the freezer and come out exactly as it was... The pork roast looks yummy. Thanks for sharing and have a great week.
Post a Comment