Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday

Last week I tried to post an entry, but I didn't read the instructions very well and got deleted. Oops. So, here is the link to last week's offering of an idea to use with watercolor paints: Watercolor paints. Evidently some folks found me somehow because i received some great suggestions for making it easier for my girls to paints with watercolors.

Here is this week's idea:
I have been menu planning for a while. It is such a big help to me to have a plan. I have been organizing my menus on Excel, and printing out very simple calendars each month. This week I decided that I needed a more environmentally friendly method for posting my menus. I purchased a small white board that is about the size of an 8"x11" sheet of paper. My menu calendar transferred nicely. I used a permanent marker to draw in the calendar blocks and write in the days. I then used a dry erase marker to write in the meals. Now I can plan ahead without wasting paper, or erasers on my pencils.

For some interesting meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com.

For some great ideas for making life easier, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Mom24 said...

That really is a great idea. I only do my meal plans online now, but then sometimes I get tired of having to look up on the computer 'what's for dinner'.

kim said...

Clever! Very clever. I have an extra one of those boards. This will be a perfect use for it!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

great fast idea. Thanks!

Jane Anne said...

This is a wonderful way to do it. I especially love that you are not wasting paper. I will have to think about that. I posted today about Meal Planning, too.