This Menu Plan Monday is very special to me because I am doing a little extra planning this week in order to prepare for the arrival of my middle sister and her family! We will be meeting in Paris to play tourists, then moving on to Normandy to look around. I have chosen the Citadines Apartment Hotel for our stay in Paris and the Moulin Morin for Normandy. One of the reasons that I chose these places is that they have kitchens. We have learned that cooking our dinners rather than going to a restaurant helps save money for the more fun stuff. And we have LOTS of fun stuff to do with AuntT and her family in the next 3 weeks!
So, here's what we're gonna eat:
Monday - Pork roast, leftover potatoes and onions on the grill, peas
Tuesday - French Dip Sandwiches
Wednesday - Hopefully something on the grill, fries
Thursday - Baked potato bar with ham, cheese, and peppers (the girls will eat ham, veggies, and something else)
Friday (in Paris) - Spaghetti and meatballs, peas, hopefully some fresh bread
Saturday - Crockpot Maple Ham, salad, pasta
Sunday (in Normandy) - Sticky Chicken, mashed potatoes and/or pasta, veggies of some kind
I am also going to make some banana bread and trail mix for snacks. I am so psyched! And motivated! Guess it's time to hit the kitchen.
If you'd like more menu ideas, please visit orgjunkie.

2 comments:
Plus cooking for yourselves eliminates the "family food hunt" aspect of vacations! Enjoy your time with your sister.
I've enjoyed reading your blog! I am a Texas girl now living in Aix-en- Provence with my hubby and 2 girls (and a cat!)
I was just debating today whether I should buy myself a crockpot for Christmas~you've convinced me! Thanks for the meal ideas.
Post a Comment