It is so good to be back! I had a really random menu last week as we all adjusted back to French time, and it drove me crazy! I have learned that I do need some organization in my life. So, here's this week's attempt at getting my life back under control ...
Monday - mac'n cheese and ham
Tuesday - Waffles and bacon, fruit on the side
Wednesday - French Onion soup if it is cool with a small salad, chef salad with grilled duck breast or grilled chicken if it warm
Thursday - Hamburgers, french fries
Friday - Grilled sausages, peppers and onions
Saturday - hopefully steak if we can get to the store; otherwise grilled chicken or pork chops
Sunday - Homemade pizza
We brought several new kinds of marinades back from the US. I really like the McCormick's Grill Mates marinade powders. I bought a lot of chicken, pork chops, and a couple of duck breasts a week ago, then put all of the meat in different marinades. I put it all in Ziploc bags and threw it in the freezer. The meat marinates as it freezes and as it thaws. That was one of my time-saver tips from the US.
I hope you all have a great week. Thanks to everyone who has been checking on me in the past month. I WILL get the pictures up this week. And while you are waiting, check out some of the other great menus on Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean about craving organization. Hope things start to even out soon. Your meal plan sounds great to me. Have a good week.
I'm going to check out the marinades. Thanks for the tip.
Thanks for the great marinade tip! I started participating in MPM to increase traffic on my website (gasp!) but have so enjoyed the benefits of advanced menu planning, and I'm even working on a month long menu plan!
Have a great week, hope all goes well with the girls' first day of school!
Steph
Post a Comment