I thought it might be fun to share some of the funny things that came out of the first week of school. The girls are now attending school from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM for 4 days a week. They are even eating lunch at school. Lunch is the source of the first story.
This story happened on Thursday of last week. I picked the girls up and asked what they thought of lunch that day, hoping that they had eaten more than they had on Tuesday. I knew the menu included Croque Monsieur, a fish dish, and yogurt. Both girls were pretty happy with the croque monsieur, but Miss S was not at all sure about the fish. Her response to my query was that she "tried a bite but didn't like the chicken." I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was really fish.
The next story is a Miss S story. She is an a classroom with 2 teachers. One comes on Monday and Tuesday while the other comes on Thursday and Friday. The end-of-the-week teacher was quite talkative when I picked Miss S up, telling me about the day. She was explaining that she wasn't too sure where Miss S is with her French because Miss kept answering EVERYTHING the teacher said in the morning with "Oui" (yes). Hmm ... As the day wore on I understand that she started to give some other responses, but all morning everything was "yes." The teacher seemed to think it was kind of cute.
Miss M couldn't be left out of the cute stories. Her teacher was doing a little assessment with Miss M to see where she was with counting. The teacher was counting in French and Miss M was quite politely counting in English. She matched all of the French numbers very nicely. We had a short discussion about the fact that while her teacher was probably very impressed with her English counting, she probably would prefer if Miss M speaks in French. Miss M thought about it for a few seconds then agreed that French would surely be better, but only in school.
I'm due to pick the girls up in just another hour, and I can't wait to hear what they did today.
2 comments:
Both stories had me smiling! I bet you really miss them being gone all day. But do you get a lot done now that you are alone? I think it is so cool that your girls are speaking French. I signed up for a Beginning Mandarin course at Furman to start in October. I hope I can pick it up as easier as your girls have French.
Maybe the teacher will improve her English before the year is over!
Post a Comment