Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pictures at last!

Here are the girls being silly outside the Cabot Creamery. We all enjoyed learning about how cheese is made. The process is just like what we saw in Switzerland, but I think we understand it better now since the tour was in English!

Here we are at Dog Mountain. There is a small chapel dedicated to dogs, as well as a gallery displaying the works of Stephen Huneck. He writes and illustrates books about a black Lab named Sally. These are some of the girls' favorite books.

Here are the girls riding General. Miss S was first, and had the best time! She couldn't wait for Miss M to get done with her turn so she could ride again. The last picture is of the girls saying Thank you to General for the ride. This was all arranged by Auntie M who is in the pink shirt. I think she might have started a new camp tradition - pony rides in Vermont.
Cousin S bought a book and bubble maker that makes REALLY big bubbles. Miss M had the best time watching, then trying the bubble maker. It was so cool to see the look on her face every time she made one of those giant bubbles.
The first picture needs the caption "Mommy, what'cha doing?" Miss S was very curious about the corn Cousin S and I were shucking. This was the first summer that either of the girls ate corn on the cob. They LOVED it! We kept having to buy larger quantities of corn. It only seemed right to have one of the newbies help shuck the corn. She did a great job for such a petite girl. Much thanks to Cousin S for her help too. She wasn't even eating the corn that night!

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I love the pictures. When I go to Vermont, I am definitely going to this creamery! I loved hearing about your girls first day too and glad it turned out alright. Sounds like it was more traumatic on mom than girls :)