Our daughters have started a love affair with Breyer's Vanilla Fudge Twirl ice cream. It is their new FAVORITE dessert. I don't really mind, especially since I happen to LOVE the stuff myself. It is a source of calcium, right?
Tonight it took on a new dimension. Daddy likes to eat his ice cream (mint chocolate chip) from a bowl lined with vanilla wafers. The girls also like these cookies, but don't generally eat them with their ice cream (I have to draw the line somewhere). It hasn't ever been a problem ... until tonight.
Miss M was happily eating her ice cream. She had 2 cookies waiting beside the mug (Daddy slipped them past me). She was saving them until she was done with the ice cream. Then one fell on the floor. Our dog is pretty well trained to wait until we are done to clean up the floor, and we usually beat her to the food dropped on the floor, but not tonight. Tonight she seemed to be poised beside Miss M's chair, just waiting for this kind of treat to fall into her domain. And she was QUICK!
Miss M was briefly crushed until she realized that Daddy still had some cookies in his bowl. She didn't even bat an eye as she informed him of this fact and that she would eat one even if it had his ice cream on it. She was so matter of fact. We didn't need to go to the kitchen to get her another cookie. Daddy could just give her one of his.
I cracked up! I know you are not supposed to laugh AT your children, but this one had us going.
And Daddy forfeited a cookie, complaining the whole time that his ice cream wasn't as good because he was short one cookie.
1 comment:
That is very funny. One smart little miss. :-)
Post a Comment