First off - Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms out there. I have never had a harder job in my life, but the rewards are incredible!!
My day started with two happy girls who had slept the entire night without needing covers adjusted or loveys retrieved from the floor. We were all just happy to be together. After a breakfast of PopTarts and milk, my girls presented me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a sweet card with a queen on the front. Evidently, they saw the card and declared that it was "the one" without even reading the message. I am their queen, so I got an appropriate card. It was really cute, and they signed it with a special message that they wrote themselves. How cool!
The rest of the day wasn't so amazing, but it was productive. I am down to 3 boxes in the kitchen, a handful in our bedroom, and way too many to think about in the office. Husband organized the hutch today, and cleared a bunch of glassware out of my kitchen cabinets so that I was able to get the plastic stuff out of the pantry. This made it possible to actually go shopping for more than 2 days worth of food as I finally had some room in the pantry.
I know that sounds like my husband has not been helping with the unpacking but that is so not true. He has given me tons of time that he could have been spending organizing the garage (BIG job). The house is so far along thanks to his hard work as well as the help of some very good friends.
Anyway, after I found the pantry shelves, I convinced the family to make a trip to Costco with me, and I stocked up! The shelves are full, and I have informed Husband that redoing the pantry shelving had moved up on the priority list!
The day ended with a very nice pork chop dinner, complete with a salad and a pleasant bottle of wine. After dinner we took a short walk around the neighborhood. The kids are really enjoying having sidewalks to run on. I guess it gives them a little independence to be able to get away from us a bit and expend some energy. They stay close enough to shout to, and to see, so I say "Let them run." The rest of us are benefiting by meeting the neighbors, and maybe getting a little more exercise. Doggie has gotten way overweight. :)
All-in-all, a good day. I hope you all have had a good day, and will carry away pleasant memories.
3 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day! We are finally home and my house looks like a tornado hit it! It will take me forever to unpack! Maybe we can get together sometime. I'd love to see the house now that it is finished.(nothing like inviting myself over sometime, how tacky!)
That sounds like a very nice day. I'm glad the house is coming along. I'm sure you feel much more settled after getting the kitchen and pantry done, or at least almost done.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! It must be so nice to be in your new home and neighborhood. I'm just thrilled for you!
Post a Comment