We are a family of 4, with one great dog, who are continuing our adventures stateside.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Share the Love
I have received a special gift today. My friend Monica at Daily Dwelling tagged me for the "Sharing the Love" blog award (I'd tag her back but she's already done her part). This award is designed for those people who make your day by writing their blogs. It still amazes me that I didn't know what a blog was a year ago. When I started my blog, it was a way to keep in touch with friends and family in the US. It was an outlet for me to share all of the crazy things that happen over here. It has grown into a way for me to share our memories and special times. And I have "met" some great people through this free therapy session. How cool is that?!
Here is how it works: I am supposed to share this award with all those blogs out there that I love. All the people who make me smile. All those that make me laugh. All those that make my day. All those that leave uplifting comments on my blog. I am also supposed to include a link to this post with the award and ask your tagees to do the same.
Some of the people I would love to tag have already been tagged, like Monica. Monica and I met in SC soon after she had given birth to her twin girls, just about a year after my girls were born. We spent countless hours on the phone just talking about what all was going on, and helping each other realize that, while our situations were not normal, our children were. It has been a joy to watch her girls grow, and to continue to be a part of Monica's life. There is also Pat at The Life of Loonyhiker (Monica got her too). We taught together but lost touch when I left teaching to care for the girls. We managed to reconnect in April when Monica and I had a conversation about teaching. Turns out we know some of the same people, and I was back in touch with Pat. Cool, huh? I also like to read Chaplain Andrews' blog for an on-the-ground view of life in Iraq. But Monica got him too. :) She didn't tag the following people though ...
RHB at Misadventures in France. We're both trying to raise young children in a foreign country. Luckily we were brought together by God, and have grown our children and a friendship at the same time.
Dig at Flidstick Dig. Another mommy in France trying to figure it all out. I love your perspective, and the dog stories. You constantly remind me to take it all a little less seriously.
Kim at Adventure in Switzerland and Life. How lucky that I planned my menu that week, and found yours. I love your writing style, and your outlook on life. I have enjoyed sharing some of the lessons that I have learned, and I have learned from some of your adventures.
There are more blogs that I read regularly, but I was going for a theme today. These ladies are in the same boat that I am floundering in. We are strangers in a strange land, and we are all just trying to make sense of our lives as they are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are so kind! Thank you for 'tagging' me! XOXO
How sweet of you. I am really glad you found my blog too. You are a blessing to me and a reminder that "I can do this". Thank you so much!
Post a Comment