Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A few random thoughts

I was organizing pictures today, getting our memory sticks cleared off in preparation for vacation. I found a few random pictures from the past couple of weeks that I thought some of my readers might enjoy.
Here are the girls on our bed, helping Daddy pack for his most recent trip to Japan. They were buttoning ALL of the buttons on his shirts so that he could fold them. Evidently dressing took a little longer each morning in Japan, but Daddy had a special thought of his girls to start his day.
I had to take a picture of this monster head of lettuce that I bought on Saturday. I tried to put some other things in the picture to give you a sense of scale. That is a medium sized apple, and a 16 ounce cup sitting next to that lettuce. The darn thing didn't even fit in my tiny fridge!
It is hard to see the subject of this picture. Directly in front of us is a 4-wheeler. Driving down the street, with a license plate. It just amazes me. Where I come from, those things are for off-road only, and I don't think I've ever seen one in the US with a license plate.
This is our church. It is a tiny stone church built from local volcanic stone. It seats about 100 people, if we sit really close together. There is a beautiful stained glass window behind the altar, but I didn't get a chance to get a picture of it.
Here are the girls enjoying their first popsicles. I made them of white grape juice, and the girls enjoyed them. I think the next time needs to be outside in the inflatable swimming pool though. They both got a little sticky.
I wish I had a picture of Husband and me handy. Today is our eighth anniversary. I sort of tease Husband about our anniversary because it generally gets lost in our summer vacation plans. Last year we were attending my cousin's wedding. In some of the years before that, we were vacation with his family in Vermont. I think there have even been years where we have forgotten to say "happy anniversary" until late in the day. This year is different. This year, he's on a roll. He has already cooked me a very nice steak dinner on Saturday night. Tonight we will go to our French neighbors for dinner (so he's taking me out to dinner on our anniversary- ha, ha), and he has already picked out a restaurant for us to go to in Vermont next week. Alone. How cool is that?!
Hopefully I will have a chance to post about our French dinner before we leave for the US. I am really looking forward to this. Our neighbors are so very sweet and patient with me.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Happy anniversary! I love the pictures!